The lifestyle questionnaire is where you find out about your client’s current lifestyle, their habits, food preferences, body image, and generally how healthy/unhealthy their current lifestyle is. Encourage them to be as honest as possible.
The answers to these questions will give you an idea of where to start with their fitness programme, and their diet.
- Are they always tired? Is it because of work or their eating habits?
- How much sleep do they get?
- Do they have a negative self-image?
- How much do they eat?
- What do they eat?
- How much time do you think they will have for exercise?
- Can they easily fit it into their schedule?
- Are they currently active?
- What fitness equipment do they already have? – if they already have some equipment, this will mean that you don’t have to carry around quite so much of your own equipment.
- What types of activities do they like/dislike? You need to make it fun for them in order to succeed.
You can reassess them in 6 months time by asking them to fill in another lifestyle questionnaire to see if their views/knowledge have changed.
Now take a moment to summarise everything you’ve discussed, and how you intend to meet their goals.
You can find a full 35-question lifestyle questionnaire in the Personal Trainer Business Forms and Templates pack for you to customise to your needs.