In essence, the Informed Consent Waiver template is one of the most important documents that you should put in front of your clients. It ensures that your client:
- understands what they’re getting themselves into,
- understands that injuries do happen regardless of steps taken to reduce the likelihood of injury
- has no known medical conditions that would prevent them participating
- has informed you of all known reasons why they should not participate
- has been advised to obtain a medial from a doctor
- agrees not to sue you should they injure themselves
They sign this on the understanding that they take responsibility for their actions, that they understand that they will undertake strenuous activities, and may pull muscles, injure themselves etc.
You can find an Informed Consent Waiver Agreement template in the Personal Trainer Business Forms and Templates pack for you to customise to your needs.